Diane, also known as Mongoose during Identity, is Susan's separated sister (long believed to be her twin; Edward Verres mentions that the hospital records indicate to the contrary, but that they are plausibly half-sisters by different mothers). She studies at Moperville South and seems to be focused mainly on her appearance and popularity. She has frequently tried to get Nanase to sit with her and her friends, Lucy and Rhoda. All of her attempts have failed, and in light of Nanase being publicly out of the closet, she may have ceased trying. She appears much kinder than Nanase gives her credit for. She also seems to be good at deductive reasoning, surmising that Ellen and Grace were new to the school simply by noticing them and their movements.
Another difference about Diane and Susan is that Susan is a big nerd. Diane is AFRAID of becoming a nerd.
Gold digging phase Edit
When Diane first appeared, her focus on appearance and popularity included manipulating boys into spending money on her. Recently she seems to have outgrown that, commenting that she doesn't want Elliot just to buy her nice things but for a real relationship - although it surprised her as well.
While not directly confirmed, it is heavily hinted, directly said by Jerry and widely believed by both readers and characters that Susan is Diane's twin sister. They were identical twins until Susan awakened, but they dress differently and Diane doesn't dye her hair. After Susan's awakening, Susan's natural hair color changed from blonde to the dark blue color she had been dyeing it and she grew three inches taller than Diane.
Edward Verres mentions that the hospital records indicate that Susan and Diane are not twins, but that they are plausibly half-sisters by different mothers, given Susan's father's penchant for infidelity.
Diane is 20 minutes older than Susan: she was born 31 December at 23:50, while Susan was born 1st January at 0:10. Diane is adopted and knows it.
Another difference about Diane and Susan is that where Susan is a proud Star Trek nerd, Diane considers "nerd" an insult.
Dame Tara's statement about Diane being a potential vampire hunter probably means she has same natural talent for summoning that Susan has, again confirming their kinship. Both have been targeted by vampires because of their vampire-hunting potential.
Diane decided she wanted Elliot to be a temporary boyfriend who buys her things when she overheard Nanase and Sarah talking about him. As she gets to know him and his crowd, her initial superficial interest in him is becoming more genuine; her immediate resentment of Susan for being close to Elliot seems to be supplanted by the realization that Susan is her sister, as well.
Diane met Ellen on Ellen's first day of school. She introduced herself before classes but was unimpressed with Ellen's reaction. She learned that Ellen was Elliot's sister before the party in the Family Tree storyline, and immediately attempted to finagle an introduction to Elliot; Nanase saw through Diane and forced her to say she wanted to meet Susan as well.
Diane was part of the gossip network outing Justin. (She also features in background of another Justin flashback image). She called Justin "defective" because he won't buy her stuff and he'll scare away guys who would. On the other hand, she might not even bother remembering his name: while she may pretend it, it's possible "the gay guy with name starting with J" is only think she knows about him.
Diane considers Nanase coolest person she ever met, possibly because she's aware of her having magic. She has frequently tried to get Nanase to sit with her and her friends, Lucy and Rhoda. Charlotte thinks Diane has platonic woman-crush on Nanase ... at least she hopes it's platonic.
Detective talent Edit
She seems good at deductive reasoning.
Diane's mind Edit
Similarly to Susan's curiosity and logic, Diane have anthropomorphic personification of different sides of her personality. This time they ARE the traditional angel and devil, although the devil is more jerk than really evil.
Diane's Car Edit
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2014-04-07
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-05-13
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2016-08-29
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2016-08-31
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2007-06-19 ("Catching the Eye of Madam Diane")
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-05-28
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 EGS Main Story Comic for 2004-12-08 ("Mooching Tease Pimp")
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2006-06-28 ("Love Cares Not for the Woes of Logic")
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 danshive tumblr post ID 131564496057
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-06-05
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-09-04
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2014-02-26
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 EGS Main Story Comic for 2007-10-10 ("Scantily Clad Doppleganger?")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2014-09-11
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2007-10-20 ("You Didn't Think This Would be Solved that Easily, Did You? ^_^")
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2015-11-18
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2005-08-16 ("Requiem for Dreams of Love")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2004-12-13 ("But Rhoda’s So Small…")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-05-09
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-05-08
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-06-28
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-06-03
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-07-08
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-06-27
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-09-02
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2016-01-22
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2015-01-11
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2016-01-13
|Minor Characters|| This page is based on content that was originally added to the minor characters page and deleted in .
Contributors, per the terms of the CC-BY-SA license, are attributed in the edit history of that page.