Illusions are type of magic in EGS. It is not thoroughly explained, but multiple main characters are able to make them. Interesting is that they didn't needed any spell to create illusions: both Elliot and Justin was able to make them even before awakening.
Anime style martial arts illusions Edit
Illusions are apparently part of Anime style martial arts as taught at ASMA Dojo by Sensei Greg. Greg, Elliot, Justin and Nanase all have limited illusory powers. They're mostly just used to make themselves look more awesome - make their hands glow while punching and stuff like that.
Possibly illusion based spells Edit
- Multi-Color Technique: Also known as "Mahoh no Supekutoru" (魔法のスペクトル Mahō no Supekutoru , Magical Spectrum), a technique mastered by Nanase, which may or may not be an actual spell. It allows her to create illusions of herself while in battle. The illusory duplicates are intangible and disappear in a puff of smoke upon contact, existing for the sole purpose of distracting or confusing an enemy. Three of them can be created each in one of the colors of red, green, or blue. Nanase herself is colored whatever the complementary color to the active color or colors is, allowing her to pretend to be one of her illusory duplicates when two of them are active. Each color is associated with a particular personality:
- Green - playful
- Blue - "crybaby"
- Red - violent
Tedd's explanation Edit
Only other informations we have are from Tedd's explanation comparing illusion and transformations as disguise. He mentions that quick illusions are simple and people with minimal magic can do them, but illusions used as full-fledged disguise are harder and would have big energy upkeep, no matter if they are based on manipulating light or bending the truth.
Adrian Raven opinion Edit
Adrian Raven is using illusions instead of transformation for the hunt for the boar, with the comment that it will allow him to use more power. This might be specific to being transformed is blocking his senses or might mean the illusion doesn't need any magic for keeping while transformation does, but in any case, it's likely Raven's illusions were NOT comparable to disguises.
Demonic Duck opinion Edit
Demonic Duck, meanwhile, is master of illusions, including tactile illusion. He would certainly be capable of using illusion as disguise, as he shown in Birthday party. However, we have no idea what Demonic Duck actually is ... his ability to appear when he's called is also extraordinary, so just because he considers illusions easier than shapeshifting doesn't mean it's true for others.
See also Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2011-07-20
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2002-06-11 ("A Vacation? Yay!")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2002-04-15 ("Nanase VS Elliot, Part I")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-03-06 ("I'd Love To Be Able To Do This")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-03-10 ("Melissa The Menace")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-07-23
- ↑ EGS Sketchbook Comic for 2010-08-19 ("[Notes on ASMA]")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2002-04-16 ("Nanase VS Elliot, Part II")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2002-11-16 ("Translation: Magical Spectrum")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2011-10-19
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2012-01-16
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2011-12-27
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2006-02-03 ("This is Why You Don't See Many Duck Jesters")