- "The general idea was to breed and train people who appeared to be normal humans, but could transform into panic-causing monsters at will."
Project Lycanthrope was developed to create an army of untraceable super-assassins that could hide their identities by killing people while in their animal form.
By injecting animal DNA into uryuom eggs, which were provided solely by Mr. Guyur thanks to his mutation, they were able to make three assassins, one with 50% human and 50% animal DNA (Guineas), one with 75% human and 25% animal DNA (Hedge), and one with DNA from a variety of animals, human DNA, and uryuom DNA (Vlad). However, the project was flawed because the scientists were unable to speed up the development of the assassins; instead, their aging was apparently slowed. Later on, when the scientists heard of the creation of Damien, they secretly created a fourth assassin in order to combat him. This assassin would be created from a strong human donor, an animal to make him appear to be just another assassin, an uryuom, and a lespuko; this creation would have the name Shade Tail. However Dr. Sciuridae switched the human DNA with that of his daughter, resulting in Grace. Dr. Sciuridae was transferred as a result, but went to Mr. Verres to help her. Later on Damien arrived and killed all the scientists in order to take over and capture Grace and her brothers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 EGS Main Story Comic for 2002-03-17 ("In The Shadows Lurk The Nightmares Made By Man")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2004-02-25 ("Ingredients")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-09-10 ("Crying On The Inside")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2004-02-14 ("The Scientist Who Missed Damien")