Due to usual problems of webcomics time, the technology progress in EGS may occasionally look weird, no matter what year it is supposed to be set in, simply because time in EGS moves much slower, yet some stuff is influenced by real time.
Note that one possible explanation for that is that researchers are using information obtained from Uryuom to speed up the research.
- See also: Time progress extremes
Later, people start having phones with video capabilities.
That's a LOT of progress for ONE YEAR passed in timeline, isn't it?
Alternative explanation Edit
Note that if we think hard, we can make another explanation. Dunkels were poor, Tedd was affected by slow bureaucracy of DGB who took a while to develop secure enough smart phone and Susan had that plan because she wanted to prove herself and rejected much better phone her mother would give her.
Prior to already mentioned phones with video capabilities, Sarah was showing her digital camera, boasting about it's 512MB card and gigabytes of space on computer.
Susan's 64" widescreen TV with surround sound and DVD/VHS player is big, but apparently CRT or maybe rear-projection TV, as Ellen wouldn't be able to sleep on plasma and/or LCD ... of course, IF you have that big CRT, you may not hurry with upgrading either.
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2002-02-25 ("Oh, Like Your Phone Isn't")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-11-11 ("More Familiar Faces")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2007-10-13 ("Please Thank Nanase's Imagination for the Nifty Susan/Diane Fusion Imagery")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2010-10-15
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2016-04-04 ("Best Power")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2005-08-24 ("Dude, Like, Sarah Just TOTALLY Flashed Female Justin!")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-06-13 ("Terms")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-06-26 ("Everyone Has Theories...")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2010-03-12
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2010-11-08
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2016-09-23
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2017-03-17
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2017-05-05