GenderEditThe Uryuom species does not have anatomically different sexes, but Uryuoms take gender roles to better fit into the culture on Earth. How their gender roles are determined vary depending on family; some families insist on a certain pattern to their childrens' gender, while others allow their child to choose for himself on his way through life. For an uryuom who has not yet chosen a gender, masculine pronouns are used.
- Main article: Seyunolu
Uryuoms reproduce by producing an egg using something, likely secretions, from their bodies (normally, at least two uryoums are needed in order to get enough material, although there are exceptions), into which DNA from at least two parents is injected; the current record is 12 DNA donors (the resulting child "needed some serious counseling"). Not all of them have to be uryuom either (the child mentioned earlier had three non-uryuom parents). When non-uryuom DNA is present, seyunolu (or, in English, chimeras) are produced. If the egg has both uryuom and non-uryuom DNA, the resulting being is a tulougol seyunolu (greater chimera); if there is no uryuom DNA, a roaisol seyunolu (lesser chimera) is created.
Uryuoms can shapechange, and do so frequently in their native environment, though far less often on Earth. Objectionable anatomy disappears when not being used. Once an uryuom has morphed into a form using a tool, such as the Transformation Gun, they can use it again anytime they wish.
Due to the uryuoms' shapeshifting nature, most clothing is impractical, and largely unnecessary since anything "objectionable" disappears when unneeded. However, they still use clothing occasionally in situations that require it, such as in cold climates and hazardous occupations. To account for the frequent shapeshifting, uryuoms have developed special suits that morph to fit the body of the wearer.
- Main article: Uryuomoco
Uryuomoco is the native language of the uryuoms. Uryuoms can teach the language to others in a matter of seconds, by rubbing one of their antennae on someone's forehead. It is also hinted that they are able to learn and/or teach other languages in the same way. Uryuomoco is commonly used in the main universe by those who can speak it as a kind of secret code, though it would be a very easily broken code in real life, as it is just a simple substitution cipher (some letter combinations have been changed in order to make the Uryuomoco text readable and pronounceable).
- Under the current legal system on the uryuom home world, the buying and selling of devices like the Transformation Gun are illegal because of their use of certain programming methods, which violate certain religious beliefs. However, if such a device was built before the laws deeming them illegal were passed, owning said item is legal, as long as it is not bought, sold, or traded; said item may be bequeathed upon the death of its current owner. There are also laws that protect freedom of religion, but many laws are based on the beliefs of the most popular religion, even if there is no legal basis for them.
- Uryuoms call their home world "the parent planet" 
Uryuom Power and Magic Edit
Uryuoms use energy classified as type of magic for their shapeshifting and telekinesis.
Before magic changed recently, Uryuoms and greater chimeras gave false positives for being awakened when scanned by a Magic Analysis Wand. After magic change, it may no longer be false positive because they may actually be awakened.
However, in the distant past, even pure Uryuoms were able to get magic. It is therefore possible that how magic works for Uryuoms has changed now.
- Lespuko, a species genetically related to Uryuoms
- William and Gillian, the most prominent Uryuoms appearing in the comic.
- Lavender, the Uryuom personal assistant of Mr. Verres.
- Tam Eh Tedd, storyline with the most Uryuom content.
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-09-08 ("The Uryuom and the Egg")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-10-07 ("Select Your Gender")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2004-03-15 ("A Spark")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-09-09 ("Uryuom Sitcoms are Insane")
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-12-29 ("Uryuoms and You")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2008-11-18 ("What Woke Them Up")
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-09-24 ("Uryuomoco Lesson")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2010-10-29
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-05-19 ("Toilet Humor")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-05-23 ("Hedge:Master of the Anti-Climatic Moment")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-09-17 ("Why, What could THAT be...?")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2003-09-16 ("Getting closer to the point")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2008-11-13 ("Take THAT, Science Fiction!")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2016-06-17
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2018-05-04